Unannounced Facebook Changes
Facebook has changed more of the site than what it announced, adding to unhappiness with the site.
The unannounced features include:
- Posts can now be as long as 5,000 characters, ten times the previous maximum length.
- You can no longer accompany a friend request with a message.
- Part or all of the navigation bar can remain on the screen even when you scroll down the page.
- You can create bookmarks, labeled favorites, in the left-hand column.
- Birthday reminders appear in the upper right side well-wishes now show up as notifications on the upper-right-hand corner of the screen, near where you see poke notifications.
- Friend lists that existed before the new smart list prompts have an entirely new management interface.
- The poke button has become a link tucked into a pull-down to the right of the add friend button.
- A thumbnail image of the user, and his or her name, appears int the right corner of the top blue navigation bar; when one surfs the site using a page alias, the name and main image appears in the same place.